Sunday 16 December 2012

15th December, Surreal moments by the canal!

On a day where the forecast was not too great I decided on another canalside walk, grey skies and some showers were likely so I was waterproofed up from the start. The bridge by Cononley lane end provides a decent reflection on a calm day..

The towpath was a bit muddy, sightings were few and spirits were sagging as I reached Kildwick, the annual gurning competition for the ducks made me chuckle though!

What followed was frustration at the lack of visible wildlife and then just one of those occasions that make you chuckle out loud, a local running club were holding their annual race on the canalbank, a nuisance for me when I am looking for things, but they were in fancy dress!! Having a couple of angels jog past was funny, the two nuns made it better and when Batman and Robin dashed past I had the theme music from Only Fools and Horses stuck in my head!! Quality!!

The racers ran on and I trudged on, a rainbow lifted the spirits..

Eventually I found a pair of goosanders, tricky to get near usually but for once they proved quite accomodating:-)





A few more miles of sightless trudging ensued, not my best day for wildlife but somehow I was still smiling!!

Following some unwanted and unnecessary comments I have had to introduce a comment moderation feature, sad I know but all regulars have nothing to fear but please note your comments will only appear after I have had the opportunity to edit them!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave, great little wander and blog and nice shot of the ducks on the wall. Nice shots of the goosanders too, although I can see they're ready for scarpering in the last shot. Just enjoyed your video on You Tube with lots of great photos that I can remember from your blogs.
    All the best for Christmas to you and Josie.
    Bob and Glenis.

    ReplyDelete